Friday 18 February 2011

Into the great unknown

So, I figured after about 4 years of undergraduate Physics and with commencing my PhD next year I'd start an amateur science blog. The intention will be to talk about new papers in current research, summarise science news that grabs my eye and just give some examples of why science is *awesome* to the average reader.

While I'm no professional writer, nor a scientific genius, I love the subject and hope that I can impart what little knowledge and insight I have to people who don't have the time or desire to trawl through journals like Nature or Science! So sit back, relax and let the nerdiness flow.

I have found starting with a joke often helps. So how about the classic..

"Entropy: it's not what it used to be"

No comments:

Post a Comment